Bordeaux Lyon Streaming en direct Saint-Etienne Rennes streaming live PSG Montpellier Streaming en direct streaming

Regarder Match live Streaming en direct

Report: Smoking Gun in Travolta Extortion Case Revealed?


People.com reports that one of their magazine's reporters has seen a video tape that could be the smoking gun in the case of two defendants accused of plotting to extort $25 million from John Travolta following the death of his 16-year-old son, Jett.
According to People, the tape shows recorded conversations (taped by Royal Bahamas Police) between Travolta's attorney and the two defendants, paramedic Tarino Lightbourn and his attorney, former Bahamian senator Pleasant Bridgewater.
People claims that the tape appears to show the defendants trying to obtain $25 million in exchange for a document, known as the Do Not Transport form, that Travolta reportedly signed when determining whether to have his son taken to a hospital or an airport.
"Where the hell did you get a number of 25 million bucks?" Travolta's lawyer, Michael McDermott, asks Lightbourn in the video, according to People.
"I was poor all my life," Lightbourn seems to reply as Bridgewater appears to listen to the conversation on speakerphone last January, according to People. "You know, me and my family, were struggling all our life. I wanted to do things for charity all of my life."
"You're a Bahamian Robin Hood, man!," Travolta's lawyer says with a laugh on the tape, People reports.
People reports that in the video, Lightbourn agrees to secure $15 million and questions how trustworthy Travolta's lawyer is.
"I can't do installments," the defendant says on the tape, according to People. "I want to get this behind me. I want to put this to rest. I don't want to see you anymore ... I'm thinking, how do I know if I go to the States one day the Feds don't pick me up? How do I know if I go to the States one day, it's not a hit on me?"
The 44-minute tape, People says, concludes with McDermott saying: "Once you confirm, I mean, within 10 minutes, I want those damn documents ... I'll have somebody waiting for you over at your law office or something in Freeport. You give him an envelope, okay, that's got the original and the copy in it, and have a wonderful life."
"Exactly," Lightbourn replies on the tape, according to People. "Case closed. Case closed ... Once this is closed, its buried deeper than the Titanic."